Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Song!


I composed this after listening to some old blues tunes.  Those guys are always trying to one-up each other in the despair department, and I tried to think of how I might one-up all of them.  The darkness of my humor came up with this one and I call it Sittin' On a Toilet With a Shotgun In My Mouth.  No recording of this yet, but my neighbors seem to dig it.  



This morning, my wife, she left me                               
My oldest boy done run away                                                        
My baby girl, she just bit my nose
And the cat pissed on my leg
This is a day I won't remember
I got no future to worry 'bout
'Cause I'm sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in my mouth

Today a wino threw up on me
And his dog, he did the same
I called my Momma 'cause I was feelin' low
But she could not recall my name
I went to see my only friend
And found out he moved down south
And now I'm sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in my mouth
Yes I'm sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in my mouth

BRIDGE:
Well my bank says I'm broke                                             
And the soles fell off my shoes                                    
My shirt must be worth something
They'll probably bury me in the nude

Well my hairline is receding
And it's moving on down my back
The Good Lord did not endow me
It's tiny, and that's a fact
So just remember my story
When you feel you're down and out
Or you'll be sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in your mouth
Yes you'll be sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in your mouth
You'll be sittin' on the toilet with a shotgun in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment